We’re talking about eggs here, guys…
Poached eggs are not only delicious, but they are also a great choice for the health conscious. Yes, eggs are known to have quite a bit of cholesterol, but poaching them means you are getting all the nutrients that they have to offer without adding any extra fat from oil or butter. I admit that for years I had no idea how to make poached eggs. I was sick of only being able to enjoy them at restaurants, so after a bit of research and trial and error I found the most fool-proof way to poach eggs.
You will need:
– 1 tbsp white vinegar
– fresh eggs
- In a wide pot, add the vinegar and about 3 inches of water.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce to low heat so that the water is lightly simmering.
- Crack egg into a bowl or small cup and very carefully slip it into the water. Repeat with other eggs.
- Let simmer until whites are cooked (about 3 minutes). Sometimes it takes longer depending on how many eggs you have in the pot at once and how cold the eggs are (if you have them at room temperature, they will take less time to cook).
- Remove eggs one at a time using a slotted spoon. Carefully dab any excess water off with a paper towel.
You can make eggs Benedict or just enjoy the poached eggs on their own for a light and healthy start to your day.